Friday, September 17, 2010

Yo yo folks, what up.

I had to delete the extra "u" after both of those "yo"s, btw. Creature of habit when I type.

Anyway, earlier I'd thought I could make a nice long blog post but THAT didn't happen. Right now I have developed a cold, and although so far it's just a runny nose, this nose happens to be running like a faucet and it just doesn't stop. But my nose isn't stuffed at all, it's just runny. UGH. Oh well, I'd be just as uncomfortable if it were not runny, but stuffed. What can I ask for here? If I'm sick, I'm sick, I guess.

So here's the schedule I want to set myself for the next little while, on what I want to work on:

1) Rewriting TWC2. Deadline: end of the year. This is heavily reliant on my actually managing to set up my personal computer in my bedroom since we moved at the end of last month; we don't have a chair for the desk up there yet. I will also need to finish at least the first two, if not all three, chapters of the first act by the end of this month. On the plus side, I have a good deal of chapter 1 done, perhaps half of chapter 2, and an idea for how chapter 3 is going to go. Plus! I think I have Act II more or less mapped in my head. So yay!

2) Once that's done, I'm going to start the next fic to follow after "House on Avian Way", which is tentatively called "Those Daring McQuacks In Their Flying Machines". Yep, and that will be fun to type out a million times, huh? So you can get a pretty decent idea of the vague premise of this one out of hte title. I'm going to have to research it (which should give you a confirmation of what at least some of it is about). ^_^ It should be short - shortish anyway - lordie, I hope... I don't have it all plotted in my head but there's enough to give me a start and some momentum.

3) At the same time I think I'm going to try to work on rewriting TWC3, "Forever Young". That one had a decent plot for Quackerjack but needs some reworking in terms of specifics. If you've read my first fics, have you noticed how nebulous I always left the villain's plots? It wasn't until I was well into my twenties that I started thinking actual solid plans were important. Yeah well. At least I care now. ;) Funnily enough I've started the opening scene for this one, since I had an idea on something I had been worrying over and thinking would require a lot of work to rewrite. And then it just came to me! I'm still a bit concerned it's not quite right but... yknow, it's going to be like six months at least until anyone else sees it, so...

Then again I could always preview it here...

Which would mean it would still be six months until anyone else sees it. XD (No, hi, I know there are like... two or three people who read this occasionally! I should make badges for you so you can recognize each other on the streets.)

4) It's not likely to happen but I would love to be able to work on my second Christmas fic, which I've been kidding myself since 2007 that I would finish up each and every year. Here it is nearing year 4!

All this and I'm going to keep putting up notes for AAE, too... eventually. Once again, contingent on my personal computer (right now I'm on my work laptop). But for now, it's past 10 pm, so I think it's perhaps time for bed for this girl and her drippy nasal passages. Please, please tell me I have SOME kind of cold medicine lurking in my bathroom cabinets... Otherwise I foresee an uncomfortably sniffly night ahead.:P Night, all!

No comments: