Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I love it when a plan comes together

Okay so, every time I'm planning a fic down the road, I look at it and have no idea how the mess of ideas I have is going to actually WORK because it's just vague concepts and possibilities. Then I get panicky. Then I go on walks and I think it over and try to work it out. And usually it takes me at least ten or more walks before I get anything productive out of it, but always, always, finally, I have one of the ones that actually GETS somewhere.

And I had one today, for the rewrite of TWC4. I'm not saying it's perfectly plotted in my head now, but this one was giving me fits in terms of the plot and how Beth had to work in it and what she was going to do, and this time, it just clicked. Sigh. I LOVE that click. That click is the most amazing damned thing! All of a sudden I just had entire portions of scenes with dialogue and stuff going and I was like "Yes! It actually worked!"

The only problem is that I went on to see it through to the ending and now I want to write that scene. Not because something great happens but just because it's fresh in my head and I want to write something for the fic... well, we'll see what I have in terms of time, though it's not much. :P

1 comment:

Rachel E. Ordway said...

I totally get that, all the time...I love that little "click", where suddenly everything makes sense. It happens more for me with Heroina than anything, since that's the one continuing story that I've been working on, but still, even just little details like figuring out where her voice comes from (the only person who could've made the recording for it was her creator, thereby strengthening the mother/daughter-style relationship there, plus Heroina was visually based on pictures of her creator in her youth, so that's a stronger tie there...and CLICK!), it's so satisfying to understand where things are going and how they relate to one another. :)