Monday, January 16, 2012

30 Days Meme day 15

Day 15 – Warnings – What do you feel it most important to warn for, and what’s the strangest thing you’ve warned for in a story?

I feel it's vital to warn for sexual content. Not only for age reasons but for those of us who (as I mentioned in my last post) have issues with sexual or violent content for certain shows. I can't make people warn for it, of course, but... I prefer to be warned.

Myself, I *overwarn* for those things.

I don't like it when people insist on being "warned" about pairings, but I know some people have issues with not knowing. I'd like to know the genre up front I guess... But only if it's tightly in that genre. I don't have a particular genre I center in so I can't warn for those, so it's pointless for me to bitch about people NOT labelling them.

I don't know, though. I don't warn all that much. I guess I warn if I write anything outside the normal spectrum of the series, and I do write a notice about having an OC because some people don't want to read OC fics and I'm cool with that. I'd rather have them not read the fic than read it, find out there's an OC, and bitch at me. ;)

The weirdest thing I ever warned for was angst. A whole big, mushy pile of angst. :D

No comments: