Tuesday, January 25, 2011

And it's you I need to show

So, for lack of a better topic to post about tonight, I thought I would copy DeathByMarshmallows and do a music/soundtrack post.

First though I'll pimp out DBM's blog, right here, 'cause I follow it and she updates fairly often and she's cool, yo. ;D

Moving on - so what I do is, I keep a "Soundtrack" playlist in iTunes and I don't have it organized thematically or anything. Matter of fact it doesn't even contain all my soundtrack songs, but it's got a fair share... all the ones I actually own, anyway. Then there are the ones that have just popped up over the years when I've heard them on the radio, or whatever. Naturally, I don't have iTunes on the computer I'm currently on, so I don't have that playlist. But here's a selection that doesn't cover everything but gives an idea!

Fic-specific - these are nearly all later fics; unfortunately I don't have song inspiration for the earlier ones. :P
- TWC4:
"Strange Magic" by ELO, which is not a Morgana/Drake song as you might think but instead is a scene inspiration for part of this fic, hopefully to be rewritten in 2011. The scene in question doesn't exist in the original version.

- High, Dry, and Flooded:
"That Kind of Love" by Alison Krauss - this is one of my (many) songs for Beth that is perhaps not as tragic/sad/one-sided as I make it sound, but the song still carries that tone for me, so this one plugs in nicely to the scene I want it to go with.
"Love Stinks" by the J. Geils Band is a sort of thematic relation to much of the series, but it's directly referenced in this one so it goes here.

- All About Elizabeth:
This one has more than nearly any other, so naturally I have trouble remembering them all. A lot are from the 80s, since a lot of the fic takes place in flashbacks.
The main one that comes to mind is "Hey Mickey", for a crush that Beth has on a football player. ;D
A non-80s one that I associate with this fic also is "Last Dance with Mary Jane" by Tom Petty, just for this line: "Tired of screwin' up/Tired of goin' down/Tired of myself/Tired of this town". Yes, I am not kind to Beth in most of my song choices. ^_^;;
Towards the end, "I Believe" by Chris Isaak is a great, great song. Peppy, upbeat, and totally cynical about love. This is Beth putting her life back together.

- The House on Avian Way:
The entire soundtrack of "Beetlejuice" is the soundtrack of this fic. I can't go into it more than that. Well, I could - I actually have tracks that match up to specific scenes - but there's no point if you don't have the soundtrack sitting in front of you. *G*

- Untitled Christmas fic:
I have a ton of Christmas songs on my playlist for a fic I'm intending to write (started it in 2007. Maybe this year.:P) This includes "I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm" by Dean Martin, "Everything's Gonna Be Cool This Christmas" by The Eels, and more than anything, "Last Christmas" by Wham. That song, to me, is just a Beth song anyway. But I need to stop giving this girl sad heartbroken songs!

I have a Beth/LP playlist of sorts, and a few Beth songs in general, but I think I'll save them for another post. I know there are very few songs here but I kind of talked so much about them, I took up enough space! *G* Now I'm just going to listen to "I Believe" because I forgot how awesome that guitar is. Chris Isaak is so badass rockabilly. I love him so much. :D

I believe in lovers walking side by side
I believe that someday I'll be satisfied
I believe the angels listen and God hears us pray
And I believe in a beautiful day
Yeah, I believe it's gonna work out okay
But not for me...
And not for you.

I believe, I believe, I believe, I believe...

1 comment:

RosaPastel said...

Thanks very much for the plug! And yay for soundtracks :D I'll admit, a couple of them I don't know, but now I get to look them up for myself (One of my favorite past times is looking for new music, in case you could't tell XD)