Friday, January 7, 2011

Werewolf Bar Mitzvah! Spooky, scary!

Just for the record, nearly all of my subject lines are completely unrelated to the posts. In case there was any confusion. ;) They're also usually from movies, TV, or occasionally music.

Meanwhile! In reading the DWD comic, and in seeing a few people whose fic synopses or other fan works incorporate the new comic canon into their verse, it occurred to me that I have absolutely no way to incorporate that into my AU. I'm not even going to try. That's largely because it's an ongoing thing and it has some amount of continuity, and I don't really want to totally adapt (again!) my reality to fit into the new stuff and then have it be invalidated anyway... heck, I think there's a good chance my series *will* be invalidated which is part of why I only consider the comic canon to be semi-official.

Because I am a canon freak and I will always try my best to fit things into existing canon until I reach a point where that totally cannot happen and then I spinoff entirely. Heh. ^_^;;

SO, back on track! I can't fit my AU into the comic verse and in a way I feel like I'm missing out on that. So I just spent a little time wondering what Beth might be like in the canon of the comics, at least during the first Quackwerks arc. I don't have a whole lot of info but I bet she'd be working there quite happily, doing more than she gets paid to do but pleased that she doesn't have to interact with many people. At first I thought she'd be in accounting but then I thought "they probably have a hardware division, right?" But then on third thought I was thinking she'd be in the labs division. I think it would be cute to finally see her in a lab coat, using her degree at least a little bit.

I have no idea what would "happen" beyond this. I have an inkling that she somehow ran into Drake while they were both working there and got a crush on him, and manages to find him every so often during coffee breaks; once Darkwing Duck comes back and Drake leaves, I'm not sure if Beth would stay or if she'd move on (she'd probably stay unless something *made* her go), but she might run into Drake and Co. on the street or something. At which point, if Morgana was there, she'd be a teensy bit crushed.

...I got nothing beyond that. :P

I have been playing with the idea of doing a few little comics with this idea though. :D God knows if I could pull them off; I don't draw expressions all that well on Drake's face. I guess that means I need to practice more.

No comments: