Sunday, January 23, 2011

I is getting a commission done

I was going to write "I can has commission" and then I thought, man, that is so played. So 2008. Right?

Anyway! I'm splurging for myself because I'm having a crappy time of things and are from my stories makes me happy. So I'm commissioning a couple of scenes illustrated from my fics, by Canti550, and it's gonna be awesome.

The only problem is that I don't actually know what scenes I want done. *headdesk*

I have mostly figured out what fic I want them from, at least one of them anyway; but... I thought I had picked one out yesterday, then I went to find the chapter it was in and decided it wasn't the right one. So I decided on a different one from the same fic and all was well until today when I read over it and thought Oh, no. Too heavy. ARGH. So I'm going back to the first one and thinking maybe that is the better idea, only I'm not sure how it would be distilled.

Well I guess I can leave that up to the artist; I don't have to plan this stuff out for her, do I? ;)

For the record, the fic is "High, Dry, and Flooded" if you're among those who have read it. I guess I'll go with my original pick for the first one and then figure out my second. Does anyone have any suggestions for something they'd like to see Canti550 illustrate? I'm a little overwhelmed seeing as how I have about 15 fics in this stupid series. :P I know it's totally up to me, but I'll be happy to consider suggestions! Also since I'm looking for a Beth/LP scene for my first one, the second one doesn't need to be themed that way, so anything would be good...

2 comments:

RosaPastel said...

Man, I hear ya on the commission thing. I commissioned her too and spent like the entire weekend picking scenes from Crossfire (I knew I couldn't pick anything out of Surviving the Multiverse. There are way too many characters plus not too sure how she would feel about blood and gore and zombies.)I wish I could suggest something, but I've only read the two re-writes so far...and sort of skipped ahead and started reading "Will the Real Beth Webfoot Please Stand Up?" I did really like the scene where LP is trying to gather up the courage to kiss her while she's still knocked out as well as the entire bank scene though. That probably tells you how much I managed to read before I realized I was going to spoil the rest of the series for myself by skipping ahead, too XD

zebeckras said...

Heh, if you want to read ahead the most harmless one I can think of is "All I Want For Christmas", provided you don't mind that it's a Christmas fic. ;) It's plot-light, mostly just comedy fluff, but it doesn't have any spoilers beyond what you can figure out by this point, really. It's the sixth fic, chronologically, but I wrote it in '06 so the writing is better. :D

Meanwhile! OH MAN, I finally settled on the lighter-themed picture for the first request but I have LITERALLY NO IDEA what to ask for as my second. I'm tempted to see if I can just get a picture from each fic, at this point :P (but I don't have $80 to spare). I do think I want to do something action-oriented though, to counteract the fluffy stuff. ;)