Thursday, March 31, 2011

MAN it's cold here

My office is always FREEZING, especially after 5pm.

Sorry no content updates here for the past few weeks, but I have just updated "Forever Young" at Fanfiction.net and AO3! You want the links? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE LINKS! Oh okay what the heck.

AO3: http://archiveofourown.org/works/165643

FF.net: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2460903/1/TWC_3_Forever_Young

I just put up chapter 3, which officially closes out Act I. That's great! Except I have barely anything written for Act II. That's less great :P I like to have at least a chapter in advance written, because if I don't, I dno't have any "backup" material to post when I'm stuck. Eh well. I'll try to get two chapters done during April. :)

A quick question for anyone inclined to answer: What do you think I should focus on for now: the rewrites, or the rewrites AND new stuff? Is it worth working on new fics at the same time or should I just get the rewrites done and out there first? I'm afraid I'll lose my drive on the new stuff :(

I've asked this before but no one has really answered, so I thought I'd try again. And I'll try again in a few months, I'm sure, if no one answers this time! ;D

2 comments:

Anachronism said...

If you're afraid you'll lose your drive on the new stuff, I'd go for that while you still have steam. You can always go back to the rewrites later, because they'll always be there. Inspiration for new fic is hard to come by.

zebeckras said...

I totally agree with you on that... and although I feel like I'm getting more views right now on my rewrites, it's not as if the new things won't still be around once I've finished the rewrites up for people to see then. I guess it makes no real difference what order I work on them in. The only real trouble about putting out a new story is that I'm worried I'll get *no* feedback at all and get stalled 'cause of that. ;) But, I really doubt that will happen - the stalling I mean - even if I get no feedback I think I'll be able to keep working as long as I have the ideas. :D Thanks! I am trying to do both, really ^_^ I think "Flying Machines" might be that rare creature from me, a shorter-than-average fic. (Not "short". I never said that.)