Sunday, December 18, 2011

30 Days Meme day 2

Well, two days in a row! That's promising. Or well, actually meaningless. XD

Day 2 – Name the fandoms you’ve written in, and how much you’ve written in that fandom, and if you still write in it.


Well, let's see. If we don't count the X-Men, which never officially had anything written for it, then:

Darkwing Duck
Ranma 1/2 **
Xena: Warrior Princess

And other than these, a few drabbles in "Fullmetal Alchemist", "Inuyasha", "Fruits Basket", "Revolutionary Girl Utena" and "Princess Tutu". Oh hell, I keep forgetting, I've done three drabbles for "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" too.

I think that's it... oh, no, untrue. I've also written, very early on, for "The Real Ghostbusters" (one terrible, terrible fic that I think is lost to Geocities) and "Tiny Toon Adventures". Geez, I have a much longer list than I thought.

The two biggest ones are absolutely "Darkwing Duck" which obviously I still write for, and "Xena: Warrior Princess" which I guess I don't. I haven't written for it in a long time, anyway. I haven't officially quit it or anything, in fact I've always kind of wanted to go back to it, but the more time passes the less likely that is to happen. My interest in that series is in the toilet, and even though I like the sort of kind of AU I ended up writing in, I've been out of it so long that I dont' have a handle on how I wrote the characters anymore, and I wouldn't have a readership. no biggie, I'm not missing anything for writing them.

The others were mainly one-shots, I think they fall as follows:

FMA: 2 drabbles, only one posted on FF.net. (The one that wasn't posted was better but I can't find it now.)
Inuyasha: 2 drabbles, only one posted, the unposted was better.
Fruits Basket: 2 drabbles, both surprisingly popular, including the one I don't like and only wrote because a friend challenged me to do it :D
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: 3 drabbles, only one on FF.net, another one is exactly 100 words and can be found via Google if I look hard enough. The third was only read by one person and was crappy.
Utena: One-shot drabble about Anthy giving Utena chocolate on Valentine's Day. Still totally popular which makes me happy :D
Tutu: One-shot drabble about Ahiru and Fakir living as man and duck, I guess. Also still popular, also makes me happy; I thought it was a pretty good fic.

RGB: Pretty awful semi-Mary Sue fic, though I swear at the time I thought I was only making up OCs in order to be able to center a fic around Janine, which was my real intent. Looking back that might've been the excuse, but it didn't hinge that way. sigh.
TTA: I wrote one stand-alone fic by myself about, of all things, Elmyra and Montana Max, and then I co-wrote two group fics. My contributions were tiny but I'm still credited on both. :D

I am not active in ANY of those fandoms now, but then again, I was never technically "active" in any of them. I just wrote the drabbles because I was challenged to while bored. :) I'd like to go back to RGB actually, if I had any ideas, which I do not.



** Ranma 1/2 was the next fandom I was interested in after DWD, and I read a ton of fanfic for it, but I never officially wrote for it. I did, however, create a sort of spinoff/parody universe based around Ryouga and me; initially based off of RPs that had Ryouga tossed in because I love him, and then the persona developed. It's never actually been fully written out and never will because it's shamelessly self-insert/wish fulfillment, but I have written out one and a half "episode" scripts and have a full "series" plotted in my head, and I stay with it because I honestly feel it's intelligent and funny, and a bit ironic. But it's absolutely 100% Mary Sue at the same time. :D Anyway, I've not only written out those scripts, I've also written two drabble-esque fanfics for it and half of a longer fanfic, and a friend of mine has also written fic for it. So it exists and people have seen it, thus I include it here. Sort of.

No comments: