Sunday, December 25, 2011

30 Days Meme day 9

Day 9 – Pairings – For each of the fandoms from day two, what are your three favorite pairings to write?

Now I need to go back and open day 2 :D
Okay, for a lot of them I don't have any, b/c I don't write ship fic for them. (Since most of them were drabbles, that's largely why)

FMA, Inuyasha, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer I had no fave pairings to write. I wrote a couple of vaguely Buffy/Spike fics but that was just playing with the theme as canon, not actually writing the pairing.

Of the other drabbles, I kinda had pairings, but didn't explore them and there wasn't more than one:
Princess Tutu: Fakir/Ahiru (even though she was a duck - it wasn't like that XD)
Revolutionary Girl Utena: Utena/Anthy (that's what my drabble was about, in fact)
Fruits Basket: I did not write this, actually, but I hearted me some Kyo/Kagura. It's pretty much the only type of fic I read, even though I never wrote it at all.

Nothing really in TTA.

Real Ghostbusters, I didn't write any pairings, but if I had it woudl've been Egon/Janine. There were hints of that in the fic I did anyway.

Now the three main fandoms:

Ranma 1/2: Actually Ranma and Akane was the big one. If I had done my spinoff, even though it was really a sort of parody, they were intended to end up together (in a kind of subtle almost-offscreen way. And in the final episode they break up but they get back togehter in the last few minutes; it's background, but important). I LOVE Ranma/Akane. It's the only pairing in the show that I really, really feel. Other pairings would've played with Shampoo/Mousse, and I guess if I was writing in general I'd have done Ryouga/Akari since I totally ship them. But Akari didn't exist in my spinoff 'cause I cheat. ;D ...I hate Ryouga/Ukyou. Not because I'm jealous but because it's a made-up pairing. :P The anime kind of sort of pushed it, because it never got to the parts of the manga that started bringing in alternate relationship options for the rival characters. So Akari never existed and they put in hints of Ryouga/Ukyou instead and BLEAH. I don't really like Ukyou that much to be honest.

XWP: Joxer/Gabrielle and that's about it. That's really the whole purpose I had in writing the fanfics, was to write decent Joxer/Gab fic. I did write a few fics that addressed Xena/Gabrielle subtext but it always broke them up and usually paired Gab with Joxer instead. It's really because I just felt that the Xena/Gabrielle pairing was portrayed so unhealthily, it never seemed romantic to me - just obsessive. I could've handled a polyamourous relationship with Joxer included, but Xena/Gab alone was too heavy.

Darkwing Duck: Darkwing/Morgana, Beth/Launchpad (I'm sorry, I always feel bad confessing that my OC/canon ship is so close to my heart, but it's not as if I pretend otherwise), and that's about it. I don't honestly write many pairings. *shrug*

No comments: